Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 111

Thread: cherie whats new and exciting?

  1. #101
    Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2002
    Posts
    3,051
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oh Sparkle~ Isn't Gusmeister just the sweetest. [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img] Remember the video to this song, I saw it the other day on vh 1. I actually liked that video back then. Crack that whip Sparkle and WHIP it good! LOL... - NYJ - [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  2. #102
    Inactive Member valstreit's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2002
    Posts
    220
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh my [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] remember the flower pot hats......LMAO!!!!!!

    I think that was in the very early days of MTV.

    Val

  3. #103
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    they tell us that
    we lost our tails
    evolving up
    from little snails
    i say it's all
    just wind in sails
    are we not men?
    we are DEVO!

    D-E-V-O
    They were a real breath of fresh era back then.
    I never thought anyone could cover the Stones 'Satisfaction' and I'd actually like it but I love Devo's version!
    Early MTV videos ARE fun to watch 4 sure!

    More later,
    [img]graemlins/coffee.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  4. #104
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Hey Hey Hey, what can I say. Other than BARK BARK and BARK that is!
    Your Stir Fry was heavenly NYJ [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] as was your Swordfish Val [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
    The dessert was double perfection, too, to be sure!
    Thanks for the table s-c-r-a-p-s Madam Sparklelynx [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] What's that?_____Get back to w*rk?_____I'm on it my friend 4 sure!!!
    But first I'd like to dedicate a little song to you Sparkle!

    Crack that whip Give the past the slip
    Step on a crack Break your momma's back
    When a problem comes along You must whip it
    Before the cream sits out too long You must whip it
    When something's going wrong You must whip it
    now whip it into shape
    shape it up get straight
    go forward move ahead
    try to detect it it's not too late
    to whip it
    whip it good
    When a good time turns around You must whip it
    You will never live it down Unless you whip it
    No one gets their way Until they whip it
    I say whip it
    Whip it good

    Later,
    [img]redface.gif[/img]
    Gus (the lucky dog DEVOted to fun fun and fun!)

  5. #105
    Inactive Member valstreit's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2002
    Posts
    220
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    80's flashback~~~~~~~~~

    Flock of Seagulls
    Squeeze
    Wall of Voodoo
    The Waitresses
    Bananarama
    Pat Benetar
    Adam Ant
    Men At Work
    Nina Hagen
    ...........................ect.

    Wow....there are so many more. Gotta go make sure my hair isn't standing up on end now [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Val

  6. #106
    Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2002
    Posts
    3,051
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A-Ha
    Blondie
    Crowded House
    Culture Club
    Duran Duran
    Divinyls
    Depeche Mode
    Def Leppard
    INXS
    Just a few besides yours Val that I was really into. And of course through the 80's as well as today Joan Jett, as long as Joan continues to play I'll be there. Peace... - NYJ - [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  7. #107
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Berlin
    Missing Persons
    Cyndi Lauper
    Pretenders
    David Bowie
    etc. etc.
    M & M (michael and madonna)

    There was some great music back then 4 sure.
    More later,
    [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Gus

  8. #108
    Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2002
    Posts
    3,051
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes T2P~ I remember those Flower Pot hats, LOL. I really did and still do enjoy the 80's music, these videos are classic tho! I alwayz loved the B-52's also, they alwayz had the weird things in their videos. Like " Love Shack " LOL, love that song. - NYJ - [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  9. #109
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Hi CCfan [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
    I was never in Madonna's fan club but I did like her to a point. She lost me around the same time as you.
    I was thinking Michael looked "different" and you may be right about him having had work done! LOL!
    Tell that DJ you are CCfan with the Cherie Currie Message Board Band.
    He'll let you do Love Shack 4 sure!
    Later,
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]
    Gus

  10. #110
    Inactive Member CCfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2002
    Posts
    511
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The 80s ROCKED!!!!
    I have sooo many great memories of 80s music.
    I was in the Madonna fan club! I was a true follower of hers until Bedtime Stories, then she lost me. I will always think of her as a very talented woman, and she deserves alot of respect. She just has a wild imagination!

    Michael Jackson was cool. I think he is weird now. But I can't lie, when any song from "Thriller" comes on, I gotta crank it! Alien Ant Farm, did a great re-make of one of his songs. Got the CD just for it! Did you see the MTV awards? Jimmy Fallon said "He looks good for his age. Is it just me or does he look like he has had some work done?" hee hee.

    My friends and I want to go to this club here in town on Wed nights....it's 80s night. We are planning to get decked out in our 80s fashions (I can't believe I still have clothes from the 80s) and live it up!!!
    B-52s kick butt too! I am always trying to do "Love Shack" at the local Karokee bar, but the DJ won't let me. [img]frown.gif[/img]
    Great memories for sure!
    Talk to you more later.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic